Friday, July 18, 2014

42 is not the answer!!

Its been nagging me for a long time. I have a newfound disrespect towards the world now. And to think all this because I  read Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy by Douglas Adams. I am probably not writing this in facebook because, well lots of people might not comply with my views and may post lewd comments on how the banking life has caused a rotting effect on my brain( though it is true to an extent) .

Till we are around 12 or 13 years old, life usually revolves around exactly what our parents and teachers say. I sometimes wonder why I listened to some of them. I mean why did I listen silently to a teacher who called me and my friends- uncivilised barbarians ? What qualification did she have? All she did was teach social studies and not too well. Why do I have so much respect for the Chemistry sir who taught us in the first year of engineering. He was not the most successful because he taught chemistry while the other so called lecturers taught strength of materials and fluid mechanics. Why did I have a crush on a girl who had none of the qualities of an intelligent , straightforward that I was looking for?
But the main question that comes to my mind is- What is the purpose of all this?
What would have happened otherwise if I hadnt fallen of the scooter when it was rammed by a cow?
What would have happened if I didnt go for the stupid exhibition where I met my best friend for the first time?
Does the universe care?
My grandfather was a pretty normal guy. Lived a normal life,  grandma departed early with tb. Then he had to raise 2 sons on his own . Then after both his grandchildren were born and when one of them became adolescent and fat, he got dementia. Every day, some small part of his brain would stop working . After around 4 -5 years of struggle , he went away. Now nobody talks about him. If they did talk about him, what difference would it make?

I think we are being played into thinking that money and power would get us somewhere. Recently I went through some photos of myself and my schoolmates with a friend and we remembered almost every bit of it. The memories remained. And when I got to connect this memory with another person who was with me when it happened, it made me happy. I finally found out , not what the universe wanted because I care less about the universe than the amount of potassium in my diet, that it is the memories that make up our life. And if we think even for one second that money can be a substitiute that's it.... Not only do you make yourself a ticking time bomb, you let those people close to you come in the blast radius....

So either have a blast or be the blast.

No comments:

Post a Comment